The Center for Security Studies “CENSS” and the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” have agreed on cooperation. The relevant decision was confirmed in the agreement signed by the parties.
The official signing took place with the participation of the First Vice-Rector of the University Yuriy Yakimenko, Head of the Governing Council of the Center Vadym Chernysh, Executive Director of the Center Viktoriia Voronina, Dean of the Faculty “Sociology and Law” Anatoliy Melnichenko.
The parties have identified the following main areas of cooperation:
- development of strategies and measures for the prevention and resolution of conflicts, as well as activities aimed at defining the foundations for the peacebuilding, its maintenance and development;
- research on various aspects of security and the promotion of national and international security concepts;
- implementation of joint programmes and activities, conducting scientific research on topical issues related to the armed conflict, involving the scientific capacity of the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and CENSS;
- organization and holding of seminars, conferences, round tables on issues of socio-political conflicts resolution;
- conducting educational activities in the area of mediation, conflict resolution and negotiation, and popularizing their procedures among the population;
- development of start-up projects, participation in research projects, works and introduction of the obtained results in the relevant areas of activity;
- organization of students’ internship in specialties 054 Sociology, 281 Public Administration and Management, 081 Law and 231 Social Work;
During the signing of the agreement, Viktoriia Voronina, Chief Executive Officer of the Center, suggested starting its implementation on the basis of the Center for students studying in the specialty “Conflict Resolution and Mediation”.